Have you had an irate guest accuse you of losing their valuables in your safe-keeping? Has your staff been accused of having “sticky fingers”? Did you waive the charges to appease the angry guest?.
- Encourage your guests to hand over their valuables such as extra cash, passports and others for safekeeping. Whilst it may seem like a lot of work, prevention is better than cure and losing your profit!
- Record and both sign off on everything that has been handed over during checking in or at any other time as the guest may wish to access their valuables. Two copies must be produced, one for the client and the other with the business.
- Cash must be counted by both guest and staff and amount agreed upon. Similarly any other valuables or documents.
- In the event the money/effects being returned to the guest is not the same, then the responsibility lies the owner/operator.
5. Should guests wish to hold on to large sums of money, owners should forewarn guests that the security of such items is not guaranteed and that they need to ensure safekeeping to avoid any losses.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for commonsensical assistance!!!